A General-Purpose Access Control
plugin for Apps
What is it?
Hurima™ (or “Hubrix Rights Manager”) is a complete feature-set for application access control. Authentication (logins and passwords) enforces who can get in — Access Control enforces who can do what.
Hurima is a kit for developers. If you want help integrating our technology into your app, you should look at Ramasé.
- A database to store permissions, roles, groups and business rules
- A customizable Administration UI
- A REST API to verify, grant, revoke and audit permissions
- Other stuff we think is pretty great.
How do I use it?
Hurima will be available 3 ways:
- As an open-source project on GitHub and BitBucket.
- As binary packages, with yum + apt repository access, automatic upgrades and ongoing technical support.
- As a cloud-hosted “virtual private API” that scales with usage.
When can I get it?
A feature-set, not a code library
A complete access-control feature-set in a RESTful API. Client-side wrappers for Java, Node.js and PHP (more languages soon)
You seem to need a verb?
Implement role-based (RBAC) attribute-based (ABAC), or design your own model. In Hurima™ the Verb takes center stage. This makes it easier to map to app behaviors and use cases.
Built-in Verbs, or add your own
- CRUDM (Create Read Update Delete Merge) + Grant + Revoke
- API Endpoints to add your own Verbs (examples: “Replace,” “Sign,” “Shut off” etc.)